Now, here’s a short and “easy” article, to get you thinking more positively.
1. Makes you more creative.
Doesn’t it? I guess it does, if you make sure to keep your relationship fresh and exciting, then creativity is your best friend.
2. Makes you a better communicator.
If the only option you have is communication, then that’s what you keep doing every day. And if you keep doing that every day for a few months or years – you can’t help but become good at it. Just like blind people greatly develop other senses, the partners in long distance relationship develop the communication ability.
3. Brings you emotionally closer
I personally believe that “Distance Brings You Closer”, and there are many reasons why that happens, but just to mention one: If you can’t have what you want right now, you want it even more.
4. Gives you time for yourself.
In terms of personal productivity…I find LDR’s great!
5. You appreciate more the time spent in person.
It means that when you finally meet, you don’t get out of your room for a few days…because you have so many things to catch up.
6. You develop your long-term planning skills.
Buying flight tickets and planning your holidays – that’s long term planning too!
Very Serious Reasons
1. You get to develop a better relationship with your phone.
2. You learn to type faster on your laptop.
3. You start appreciating Skype for being a free service.
4. Online sex is safer than normal sex, so no kids, no STD’s.
5. You get to travel a lot! (between two destinations mostly)
6. You learn to look at your watch once and see two different hours – the time in your country and the time in her country.
7. You need no condoms for sex.
8. You make new friends, like: your mail man, the airport security guys, and the customer service ladies of that crappy (but cheap) air company.
9. You bring free drama in your friend’s lives, unless they change the subject to something other than your long distance relationship.
10. You learn to think twice as much, first about your boring life and second about your partner’s.
11. You invest in a new more comfortable chair, to avoid the back pain of sitting down for 2-3 hours talking to your honey bee on Skype.
I hope it “opened your eyes” a bit. 🙂
Feel free to add to the list if you have your own ideas!